Things I learned while making Lisa a wall-mounted jewelry cabinet for her birthday:
- Wood projects take longer than I thought. Lisa's birthday is in July. Hah.
- No plans, Mo' problems. Although I will say freestyling the entire thing was a great way to learn what works and what doesn't, for next time.
- Routers need to be held tightly and power sanders can melt.
- Stain takes a long time to dry in 85% humidity
- Wood glue does not take stain so get rid of the excess.
- Measure long — you can cut more but cutting too much requires another trip to the store (or 20 trips).
- Dremel is a lifesaver
- Attaching two cylindrical dowels in a "T" shape is hard.
- Jigsaw FTW.